The Tech Trend Radar 2023 provides an overview of innovative trends and solutions in the global insurance market. The Radar is a joint initiative of Munich Re and ERGO. Together with our own experts and external partners such as the Institute of Electronic Business e. V., Forrester and Gartner, future trends are collected, aggregated and evaluated to provide a comprehensive overview of technology trends, their maturity and relevance for the insurance industry. This results in 48 significant trends, which are distributed across the following five trend fields:
- Healthy Human includes all technologies designed to make our lives healthier.
- Connected Experience includes trends related to or enabled by network and infrastructure technologies.
- The Data & AI trend field is home to data-driven technologies and business solutions based on artificial intelligence and data.
- The Cyber & Crypto trend area is about secure transactions and secure ways of transmitting data.
- Redefining Industries is about revolutionising businesses and industries through technological advances – examples include the development of renewable energy technologies such as solar, wind and hydroelectric power, and energy storage systems.
The interactive radar can be filtered by business sector to quickly find individual trends. For each trend there is a short description, opportunities and risks as well as selected cross-industry use cases. In addition, the radar offers an assessment of the maturity of a trend.